It is so awesome and easy, I have to share it with everyone. Warning: we don't have large coffee mugs, so the cake was exploding out of our regular mugs, but don't let that stop you. It still makes an awesome mini dessert, perfectly potioned for one (or two, if you feel generous).
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar (I made this with only 3)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (Milo or Nesquick works too)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Splash of vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in the mug and add the egg. Mix thoroughly before pouring in the milk and oil. Add the chocolate chips (optional) and vanilla extract to mix well.
- Microwave for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). Don't panic when the cake rises over the top.
- Allow to cool before eating with a spoon or tip out onto a plate.