So when I found this awesome ilttle recipe to make mini dark chocolate croissants, I had to give it a go. It only takes 3 ingredients and the result made my knees weak.
- A bar of good dark chocolate (70% or higher is best)
- Ready to bake puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- The puff pastry will usually come in large square sheets of about 30cm x 30cm. Cut each sheet diagonally to make 4 triangles.
- Break the bar of chocolate into shorter rows and place 1 short row on the longest side of a puff pastry triangle. Roll the pastry and chocolate towards the triangle tip, sealing it with a touch of water if needed and tuck in the ends underneath. Brush the pastry lightly with the egg.
- Bake in a 200 deg C (392 deg F) for 15 mins or until golden brown in a well-greased baking tray.
And if you're feeling particularly fancy, melt a little chocolate over a boiling pot of water and drizzle some over the top of each mini croissant.