My creamy vegetable soup (2nd attempt to recreate the first one) was a flop, so we were going to be left dinner-less. Thankfully I had been trawling for ideas and came by this baked spinach recipe, which suspiciously sounded like a quiche - without the pastry.
The recipe calls for a tonne of spinach, but since much of the spinach we had had gone into a salad some days before, I substituted with tuna flakes (canned in spring water) and fresh prawns (halved).
A successful experiment! (^_^) Ingredients:
- 100 gms fresh spinach
- 100 gms tuna, shredded
- 6 large fresh prawns, halfed and de-veined
- 20 gms all-purpose/plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 85 gms shredded light tasty cheese
- 55 gms bread crumbs
- 8 gms chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 55 g butter, melted
- 235 ml milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Grease a casserole/baking dish.
- Clean spinach thoroughly and remove all excess water. Arrange spinach, tuna and prawns and flour in layers, nestle beaten eggs about midway between the layers.
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs. Mix in optional parsley, if desired. Sprinkle over top of spinach.
- Mix butter, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all ingredients and cover in aluminium foil.
- Bake for 50-60 mins and remove foil to let it brown for 10 mins