Although tickets to watch "Pan's Labyrinth" were sold out today (we're watching it tomorrow), we came across the Götheborg
. The Swedish ship is berthed at Vivocity
and will be leaving soon. Pity they weren't letting anyone on board today.
And bumped into sassystrawberry
... in pirate gear! Arrrrrrh! ^_^Where's Captain Jack Sparrow?! XD
- Went to Clarke Quay and wandered through Funan and Adelphi, where the SO was tempted to get an 80GB video iPod. Geek. ^_^;;
- Watched expats attempt to play soccer on the Padang. There really is no dignified way to lose your shoe from kicking a ball.
- Had fish and chips for dinner at Harry's. The batter is soooo light! One of the best fish and chips I've ever had in Singapore (but still doesn't beat Fish Lovers at Rosalie, Brisbane).
- Harry's Bellini is a cocktail of Peach Schnapps, sliced peaches, grenadine and champagne. It's sweet with a growling bite at the end of each sip. Not my drink. I think I'll stick to my lychee martinis, long island teas, rum, vodka, tequila, baileys, champagne and wines.
- Counted a grand total of 3 Asian women (including myself) and 2 Asian men at Harry's. I didn't realise how popular the place is with expats.