This is one of my favorite quick desserts - simple ingredients, not too complicated to put together and absolutely delicious. And with raspberries coming into season, I couldn't resist making this to accompany tonight's dinner of French onion soup and tiny chicken pies.
The SO calls it 'spoiling' him. *grin*
A recipe by Super Food Ideas' Winter Warmers
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 80gm butter, melted and cooled
- 0.5 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Fresh berries, icing sugar and/or thick cream to serve
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, shifted
- 1.25 cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Grease 8 ramekins.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar. In a mug, combine the butter, milk and egg. Slowly add to the flour mixture, whisking until combined and smooth. Smooth into each ramekin, smoothing the tops.
- Combine the sugar and cocoa powder for the sauce. Sprinkle over the pudding.
- Pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon over the pudding. Place the ramekins on a baking tray to bake for 35-40 mins or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
- Top each ramekin with fresh berries, dust a teaspoon of icing sugar over each ramekin and serve with cream.