This year's Christmas meal with the in-laws was a lunch, coordinated between the various family members. This obviously led to waaaaaay too much food for the 10 adults and 2 kids in attendence, but what's Christmas without overindulgence?
Together, we brought to the table the following menu:
- A deconstructured salad (lettuce, carrot, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, alfalfa sprouts, olives and hard boiled eggs)
- A salad with parmesan
- Pasta salad with sundried tomatoes, rocket and fetta
- Roast pork
- Turkey with stuffing
- Cold ham
- Prawns with seafood sauce
- Green beans in mustard dressing
- Potato bake
And dessert included:
- Plum pudding (alcoholic)
- Brandy custard
- Non-alcoholic custard
- Rum balls
- Mars bars with rice bubbles
- Dark chocolate cups with white chocolate cheesecake stuffing
- Champagne jelly with summer fruits
- Treacle tart
- Fruit salad
- Spotted dick
I wanted to make so much crude jokes about 'spotted dick', but held back due to the unfamiliar company (the sis-in-law's partner's family with young kids).
And in other news, I managed to avoid overeating too much. Woot!