The chocolate chip cookie is a classic and perfect for sharing around the office or with girlfriends over tea/coffee. So perfect I made three batches of them: one for the SO to take to work, one for me to take to work and one reserved for ourselves.
And the icing on the cake - or in this case, the chocolate chip on the cookie - it's so dead simple, the SO now knows the recipe by heart and is happy to mix everything together. That's what you use if you don't have a KitchenAid® Mixer - go old school with man
I should also add these are addictive!
Makes 25 cookiesINGREDIENTS
- 150g softened butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the softened butter, sugars and vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined. Beat in 1 egg before stirring in the flour.
- Once smooth, fold in chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Spoon teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays with space between each.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.