After making ricepaper rolls for dinner one night, I was left with far too much vermicelli and the SO had to spend a couple of days in Melbourne. So what's a girl to do with too much food?
Time to shake things up, or in this case, toss it up. INGREDIENTS (SALAD):
- Vermicelli, soaked in hot water until soft and drained
- Lettuce, sliced (I prefer Romaine)
- Carrot, grated
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Tinned tuna, flaked and preferably in spring water (prawns, chicken, duck or sliced/minced pork will work too)
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- Toss all the salad components together in a bowl. If you're especially hungry, go heavy on the vermicielli and grated carrot.
- Stir all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Zap in a microwave if you prefer a touch of warmth and pour over the salad. Serve immediately.